Friday, February 17, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Crepes

I've had a dreadfully unorganized couple of weeks, friends, so I apologize for my long absence. Happily, this time involved the boy and I finding a new kitty to come live with us, so it hasn't' all been stressful! Anyway, to ease myself back into things, here's a recipe I made almost a year ago. I actually learned to make crepes before I ever made my own pancakes, so this is one of the very first recipe I was comfortable enough with to start changing. Hope anyone who tries it enjoys it!

Cinnamon Apple Crepes:

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinamon

1 pinch of nutmeg

2 cups milk

3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

1/4 cup apple butter

some extra butter for the frying pan

Directions:

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Add all other ingredients (excluding butter for frying pan) and mix with hand mixer until smooth.

Heat about 1/2 tablespoon of butter in your frying pan on medium.

Pour about 1/2 cup of batter per crepe into pan. Immediately lift pan and tilt all around so crepe is nice and thin.

Flip when edges start to golden.

When both sides are golden, remove from pan and set aside.
Add more apple butter, smear with nutella, cover with strawberries and whipped cream, or whatever your favorite crepe filling is. Roll them up and om nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment