Friday, January 13, 2012

Savory Flax Seed Drop Biscuits

Reader. Dear reader. I am doomed. Any time I make my own recipe for something, it comes out delicious to the mouth, yet heinous to the eyes. Perhaps I should take some sort of class on making pretty foods. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sharing another original recipe this week, and I wanted to warn you just how ugly these might be if you try them. I promise that they taste wonderful and will be eaten by you or your guests in a trice! This ugly duckling is a swan of flavor.
Anyway, now you know why there are no pictures with this post.
In other news for the week, I got engaged! That boy and I have been together for six years. I'm pretty stoked.
But back to the real reason you're here.

Savory Flax Seed Biscuits:

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt of your choosing
3/4 cup milled flax seed
1/4 cup butter (room temperature, or melted in the microwave if you're impatient like me)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3/4-1 cup milk

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl, including flax seed. Add maple syrup and cut in butter. Add milk until dough is slightly sticky. Drop biscuit sized spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, and bake approximately 10 minutes or until peaks start to golden.

I served these with red beans and rice and a side of bacon roasted potatoes. We were happy nommers.

No comments:

Post a Comment